Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Reading Assessment Results
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How and Why to Analyze Reading Questions
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC ELA Prep Checklist
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Over the years, students have taught me many vital lessons. Najla was no exception. Here is the story…. Not long after we began to implement data-driven instruction at North Star Academy (a high-performing school in Newark, NJ, where I worked … Continue reading
It’s a known fact that people don’t become better at something unless they actually DO it. This is as true about reading as it is about anything else, and it sounds really obvious, but the truth is that few schools … Continue reading