Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- Professional Development Ideas to Support Literacy Instruction
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- SOCRATIC SEMINARS MADE EASY*
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Over the years, students have taught me many vital lessons. Najla was no exception. Here is the story…. Not long after we began to implement data-driven instruction at North Star Academy (a high-performing school in Newark, NJ, where I worked … Continue reading
It’s a known fact that people don’t become better at something unless they actually DO it. This is as true about reading as it is about anything else, and it sounds really obvious, but the truth is that few schools … Continue reading