Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Monthly Archives: November 2012
My previous entry on annotation may have oversimplified things. Although annotation is important, that doesn’t mean it’s EASY. Students often struggle with it, for several reasons which we need to address: We fail to establish the rationale for annotating. In … Continue reading