If you live in Northern New Jersey or New York City, you might want to attend the free workshop I will present at the Springfield (NJ) Barnes & Noble, on April 17, from 5:00-7:00pm. The topic is “Connecting Reading, Writing, and Test-Prep Instruction.” We will address the Comprehension Process and how to apply it; review the four key critical reading skills and how to teach them; and practice strategies that connect reading, writing, and test-prep in order to strengthen literacy instruction in every grade and subject.
Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16