Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- Essential Literacy Work Before You Begin Test Prep
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Grant Wiggins raises many valid points in his latest blog post. I encourage you to take the time to read what he says: http://grantwiggins.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/is-significant-school-reform-needed-or-not-an-open-letter-to-diane-ravitch-and-like-minded-educators/ PS–The comments are also fascinating. Cheers, ST
Recently I met with some elementary teachers—in this case, 3rd-grade teachers—who discovered that their students could not meet Reading Information Text (RIT) Standard #1: “Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as … Continue reading
[Following is an excerpt from my forthcoming book, Literacy and the Common Core: Recipes for Action (Jossey-Bass, 2014).] One day I observed a social studies teacher who tried to sell students on the value of studying geographical regions with the pitch: … Continue reading