Find topics HERE.
- Shared Reading Needs to Have a Clear Purpose
- “Designing ELA PARCC Prep Materials That Fit in Your Curriculum”– SIGN UP NOW!
- RECOMMENDED READING: The Writing Revolution by Judith Hochman and Natalie Wexler
- RECOMMENDED READING: Engaging Students in U.S. History and Science
- Online Curriculum Resources: UPDATE
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Grant Wiggins raises many valid points in his latest blog post. I encourage you to take the time to read what he says: http://grantwiggins.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/is-significant-school-reform-needed-or-not-an-open-letter-to-diane-ravitch-and-like-minded-educators/ PS–The comments are also fascinating. Cheers, ST Advertisements
Recently I met with some elementary teachers—in this case, 3rd-grade teachers—who discovered that their students could not meet Reading Information Text (RIT) Standard #1: “Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as … Continue reading
[Following is an excerpt from my forthcoming book, Literacy and the Common Core: Recipes for Action (Jossey-Bass, 2014).] One day I observed a social studies teacher who tried to sell students on the value of studying geographical regions with the pitch: … Continue reading