Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Monthly Archives: November 2013
[This post is an excerpt from my forthcoming book, Literacy and the Common Core: Recipes for Action (Jossey-Bass, 2014). It appeared in slightly different form as a MiddleWeb Guest Article on Nov. 20, 1013.] I’ve been reading a lot about … Continue reading
In response to popular demand, I have added two new pages to the TLC Website: Narrative Writing Persuasive Writing If you’re curious about what else I’ve added to the TLC Website lately, please check out the “What’s New!” page. And … Continue reading
Here’s CCSS Reading Anchor Standard #3: Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text. The Trajectory Analysis Chart for this standard when Reading Literature looks like this: STANDARD RL K.3 … Continue reading