Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Monthly Archives: November 2013
[This post is an excerpt from my forthcoming book, Literacy and the Common Core: Recipes for Action (Jossey-Bass, 2014). It appeared in slightly different form as a MiddleWeb Guest Article on Nov. 20, 1013.] I’ve been reading a lot about … Continue reading
In response to popular demand, I have added two new pages to the TLC Website: Narrative Writing Persuasive Writing If you’re curious about what else I’ve added to the TLC Website lately, please check out the “What’s New!” page. And … Continue reading
Here’s CCSS Reading Anchor Standard #3: Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text. The Trajectory Analysis Chart for this standard when Reading Literature looks like this: STANDARD RL K.3 … Continue reading