Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
Monthly Archives: February 2014
Every once in a while, a resource emerges that is so helpful it leaves me speechless. If you are looking for prompts for argumentative writing, this resource will help. If you are looking for articles related to such prompts, it … Continue reading
The PARCC people seem determined to make life difficult for those of us who are trying to prepare our students for these forthcoming assessments. Recently, they released “new” computerized sample items, which are helpful, BUT there’s a problem. If you … Continue reading