Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Techniques and Tools for Vocabulary Instruction
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- How to Pace PARCC Writing Preparation
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- ARGUMENT VS. EVIDENCE: Step 1 Revisited
- NEW RESOURCES: Video Training Modules!!!
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
Monthly Archives: October 2014
In many schools where I work, they have opted to divide the responsibilities for mastering the PARCC writing tasks: the ELA teachers own the narrative and literary analysis tasks; the Social Studies/Science teachers own the research writing tasks. This post … Continue reading
People often ask me where they can find useful nonfiction and literary texts for use with their students. I am pleased to report that ReadWorks looks like an answer to that question. Here is the link: http://www.readworks.org/rw/about The resources are … Continue reading
If you teach in a state that uses PARCC assessments, then you have probably already reviewed the PARCC Practice Tests, so you know that the writing tasks look like this: 6th grade ELA:LITERARY ANALYSIS TASK: Today, you will read and think … Continue reading
Next week I will be presenting FREE workshops at Barnes & Noble stores in Staten Island (NY), Eatontown (NJ), and Clifton (NJ). The official title for these workshops is “Transforming Common Core Standards into RPM (Rigorous, Purposeful, Measurable) Units, Lessons, … Continue reading