Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep Writing Task Care Packages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
Monthly Archives: December 2014
While working with teachers on how to prepare students for the PARCC Literary Analysis Writing Task (see my previous blog here), we realized that students were struggling with Common Core Reading Anchor Standard #2: “Determine central ideas or themes of … Continue reading
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb, on Dec. 16, 2014:] As we all strive to help our students meet and exceed the Common Core Standards, one reality we also have to prepare them for is … Continue reading
Many schools use interim assessments to track student progress and adjust instruction accordingly. This post offers a process for making sense of the results. Identify any standards where students scored below 65%. Use the RIT/RL Trajectory Analysis Chart(s) on TLC … Continue reading
Tests are a genre. We don’t have to do test prep 24/7, but we do need to ensure that our students are familiar with that genre. One way to do this with PARCC reading comprehension questions is to analyze the … Continue reading