I am pleased to report that I will present a workshop on “Our Students Are Struggling: Now What?” at the NJ Charter Schools Annual Conference on March 30, 2015 at Bally’s in Atlantic City. For registration details, click here.
Many students are not on grade-level when it comes to literacy. This interactive session demonstrates how to use data, the Common Core Standards, PARCC practice test items, and other helpful resources to bridge these gaps. Participants will walk away with a systematic approach that they can implement immediately.
OBJECTIVES: We will answer the following key questions in order to strengthen instruction and improve student achievement:
- What data do you have? What should you do if the data is not aligned with the CCS?
- Once you have CCS proficiency data, what should you do?
- How and why should we unpack the CCS?
- Once we’ve unpacked the CCS, what should we do?
- What will this process probably cause us to do?
If you are not able to attend this conference and would like to see this workshop at your school, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com