“On May 20, 2015 the PARCC governing board voted to:
- Reduce the testing time for students by about 90 minutes overall (60 minutes in mathematics; 30 minutes in English language arts) and create more uniformity of test unit times.
- Consolidate the two testing windows in mathematics and English language arts/literacy (which includes reading and writing) into one.
- The single testing window will simplify administration of the test for states and schools that experienced challenges with scheduling two testing windows.
- The testing window will be up to 30 days and will extend from roughly the 75% mark to the 90% mark of the school year. Most schools will complete testing in one to two weeks during that window.
- Reduce the number of test unitsfor all students by two or three units.”
For more information, go here.