Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep Writing Task Care Packages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
Monthly Archives: September 2015
In case you’re curious, here are some public events where you can find me: Oct. 7: Reading, Writing, and the Common Core: Recipes for Action (NJPSA/FEA in Monroe Twp., NJ, 9am-3pm, $149) “Join this noted author of Literacy and the … Continue reading
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on August 30, 2015, and it is based on an excerpt from The Literacy Cookbook (Jossey-Bass, 2012).] In Part I, we looked at why oral fluency is so important. … Continue reading
Unlocking Student Learning by Improving Oral Fluency: Part 1 of a two-part “Speaking and Listening” Series
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on August 26, 2015 and it is based on an excerpt from The Literacy Cookbook (Jossey-Bass, 2012).] Of all the ways you can improve learning in your school, the Number 1 … Continue reading