Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
Monthly Archives: August 2017
If you are looking for professional development support on Essential Literacy Work, I encourage you to attend my full-day training session at NJPSA/FEA on Oct. 2 from 9am-3pm! Here’s the link for more information: http://njpsa.org/documents/pdf/PDCalFall2017-web.pdf Here’s the blurb: PARCC ELA … Continue reading
As we design lessons to meet and exceed the ELA Common Core State Standards, it would be great to have a tool that matches resources up with those standards, right? That’s what Anibal Garcia (of Queen City Academy CS) said … Continue reading
In the realm of vocabulary instruction, we are always on the hunt for helpful tools. As I’ve previously noted, Verbal Workout is a great resource for selecting and teaching vocabulary words in commonly used texts. Now we also have Achieve … Continue reading