Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
Monthly Archives: October 2018
While this post’s title might seem overly dramatic, I urge you to listen to this podcast before you cast judgment: “Hard Words: Why Aren’t Our Kids Being Taught to Read?” from APM Reports Documentaries (9/9/18, available for free on iTunes), … Continue reading
Friends: As a result of popular demand, I’ve added a new page to The Literacy Cookbook Website: “Mentor Texts.” This page (found under “Reading” and “Writing” because it applies to both!) curates excellent models of writing that I come across … Continue reading