Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- Essential Literacy Work Before You Begin Test Prep
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- Professional Development Ideas to Support Literacy Instruction
- Essential Vocabulary Resource: ACHIEVE THE CORE’s ACADEMIC WORD FINDER
- ARGUMENT VS. EVIDENCE: Step 1 Revisited
Category Archives: Open-ended Response Writing
[This post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on October 3, 2016.] When writing nonfiction paragraphs or essays, students must frame their quotes (evidence) with appropriate context and explanation. In English teacher speak, we call this “building quote … Continue reading
In response to popular demand, I have added a new page to the TLC Website: Open-ended Response Writing! No matter what grade or subject you teach, your students will benefit from the tools featured on this page. Check it out!