Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Category Archives: Quote Lasagna
Although I’ve been a longtime proponent of teaching “quote sandwiches” to help students write effective paragraphs (see HERE and most recently HERE), lately I’ve begun to notice that students who use this approach (context, quote/evidence, explanation) seem to overemphasize the … Continue reading