Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
- PARCC Prep: “Extending the Story” for PARCC Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Category Archives: Roots
Recently I received an Email message from a reader who wanted to know what to include in an “ideal” first unit. In my new book, Literacy and the Common Core, I offer a sample 5th-grade unit that can be adapted … Continue reading
We’ve established that in order to paraphrase, you need to unpack vocabulary. And in order to unpack vocabulary, you need word-attack skills and knowledge of roots (e.g., Latin and Greek roots, prefixes, and suffixes). While some schools use “The Word … Continue reading