Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- ARGUMENT VS. EVIDENCE: Step 1 Revisited
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: How to Teach Reading Literature Standard #3
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
Category Archives: Roots
Recently I received an Email message from a reader who wanted to know what to include in an “ideal” first unit. In my new book, Literacy and the Common Core, I offer a sample 5th-grade unit that can be adapted … Continue reading
We’ve established that in order to paraphrase, you need to unpack vocabulary. And in order to unpack vocabulary, you need word-attack skills and knowledge of roots (e.g., Latin and Greek roots, prefixes, and suffixes). While some schools use “The Word … Continue reading