Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- Professional Development Ideas to Support Literacy Instruction
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- SOCRATIC SEMINARS MADE EASY*
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
Category Archives: Summer Reading
As summer draws near, you might be thinking about assigning summer reading or planning for a more rigorous independent reading program at your school next year, or you might be looking forward to YOUR OWN summer reading. Here are some … Continue reading
(Note: The original version of this post appeared on the TLC Blog in 2013, and an updated version appeared on MiddleWeb on April 1, 2015. This version is slightly different from both.) If you want your students to engage in … Continue reading
If you want your students to engage in summer reading but haven’t finalized the assignment yet, it’s not too late to give them something meaningful and manageable. Whether you’re assigning particular books or giving students a range of choices (or … Continue reading