Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Category Archives: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
If you are teaching To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, you will want to see Frank W. Baker’s “film study guide” online. In response to my recent TLC post, he sent this link for me to share with y’all: … Continue reading
If you’re looking for ideas and resources for how to teach Common Core media literacy standards, check out Frank W. Baker’s excellent series of MiddleWeb posts on close reading and media literacy, including: Part 1: Close Reading and What It … Continue reading
I’ve met a bunch of folks recently who are planning to teach Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird this year, and several have been kind enough to share their resources. *** 1) First, there is a whole book devoted to … Continue reading