Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
Category Archives: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
If you are teaching To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, you will want to see Frank W. Baker’s “film study guide” online. In response to my recent TLC post, he sent this link for me to share with y’all: … Continue reading
If you’re looking for ideas and resources for how to teach Common Core media literacy standards, check out Frank W. Baker’s excellent series of MiddleWeb posts on close reading and media literacy, including: Part 1: Close Reading and What It … Continue reading
I’ve met a bunch of folks recently who are planning to teach Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird this year, and several have been kind enough to share their resources. *** 1) First, there is a whole book devoted to … Continue reading