Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Reading Assessment Results
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How and Why to Analyze Reading Questions
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC ELA Prep Checklist
Category Archives: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
If you are teaching To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, you will want to see Frank W. Baker’s “film study guide” online. In response to my recent TLC post, he sent this link for me to share with y’all: … Continue reading
If you’re looking for ideas and resources for how to teach Common Core media literacy standards, check out Frank W. Baker’s excellent series of MiddleWeb posts on close reading and media literacy, including: Part 1: Close Reading and What It … Continue reading
I’ve met a bunch of folks recently who are planning to teach Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird this year, and several have been kind enough to share their resources. *** 1) First, there is a whole book devoted to … Continue reading