Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- Essential Literacy Work Before You Begin Test Prep
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- Professional Development Ideas to Support Literacy Instruction
- Essential Vocabulary Resource: ACHIEVE THE CORE’s ACADEMIC WORD FINDER
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
Tag Archives: Compare and Contrast
As I’ve noted in posts about the PARCC Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle, the PARCC Literary Analysis Lesson Task Cycle, and Research Simulation Task Lesson Cycle, it’s really important to provide and explain models of the work we expect. That … Continue reading
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on January 7, 2015:] In the PARCC literary analysis task, students must closely analyze two literary texts—often focusing on their themes or points of view—and compare and contrast these … Continue reading