Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Techniques and Tools for Vocabulary Instruction
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- How to Pace PARCC Writing Preparation
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- ARGUMENT VS. EVIDENCE: Step 1 Revisited
- NEW RESOURCES: Video Training Modules!!!
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- Narrative Writing Feedback Tools
Tag Archives: Context
[This post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on October 3, 2016.] When writing nonfiction paragraphs or essays, students must frame their quotes (evidence) with appropriate context and explanation. In English teacher speak, we call this “building quote … Continue reading
As much as we would like to know what the PARCC Assessments are really going to look like, this year all we have to go on is what our State Department of Education tells us. And in my home state … Continue reading
Although not known as the artist in my family (one brother is an architect, and my sister designs stained glass and beads, among other things), I have managed to learn one artistic concept that helps me when teaching: “negative space.” … Continue reading