Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
Tag Archives: How vs. Why
Recently I met with some elementary teachers—in this case, 3rd-grade teachers—who discovered that their students could not meet Reading Information Text (RIT) Standard #1: “Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as … Continue reading
Questions beginning with “How” and “Why” can elicit inferences and explanations, so they provide essential triggers for comprehension and expression. The problem is that although they seem like simple words, students often conflate them. I figured this out one day … Continue reading