Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- Essential Curriculum Resource: SUCCESS ACADEMY ED INSTITUTE
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC End-of-Year (EOY) ELA Practice Tests Are Now Available!
Tag Archives: How vs. Why
Recently I met with some elementary teachers—in this case, 3rd-grade teachers—who discovered that their students could not meet Reading Information Text (RIT) Standard #1: “Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as … Continue reading
Questions beginning with “How” and “Why” can elicit inferences and explanations, so they provide essential triggers for comprehension and expression. The problem is that although they seem like simple words, students often conflate them. I figured this out one day … Continue reading