Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Reading Assessment Results
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How and Why to Analyze Reading Questions
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC ELA Prep Checklist
Tag Archives: Idioms
Some people refer to paraphrasing as “literal comprehension,” meaning, “You can tell what is literally going on or being said.” And to some extent, that’s accurate. But there’s more to it. In any given sentence, FIGURATIVE things are also happening … Continue reading