Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Tag Archives: Instruction
Hi, all—I’ve been working in the field with teachers, testing out lessons based on my book USING GRAMMAR TO IMPROVE WRITING. I’m excited to report that these lessons are WORKING! When asked to reflect on “What surprised you about this … Continue reading
If you’re writing curriculum plans, here’s a tremendous new FREE resource: Match Fishtank. Here’s the blurb that explains what this is: Welcome to Match Fishtank, where you can view, share, and download the curriculum we use every day at Match Charter School, the … Continue reading
[This post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on Dec. 18, 2016.] Recently I’ve been thinking about the ways in which we either inculcate or prevent learned helplessness in students. Some teaching practices help strengthen students’ self-efficacy, motivation … Continue reading