Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Reading Assessment Results
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How and Why to Analyze Reading Questions
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC ELA Prep Checklist
Tag Archives: Metaphors
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. They should also add, “And it’s a great way for students to practice comprehension skills, build background knowledge, and become inspired through inquiry.” If you’re looking for a simple, straightforward, fun … Continue reading →
If I am honest, I never really thought about WHY we use metaphors until the day one of my colleagues came across the hall and asked for help. Her 10th-graders were reading Hamlet, and she’d asked them to identify uses … Continue reading →