Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: “Extending the Story” for PARCC Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- Approaches to the Common Core: TEACHING “WHAT’S IMPORTANT”*
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Tag Archives: Punchy Insights
In response to popular demand, I have added a new page to the TLC Website: Open-ended Response Writing! No matter what grade or subject you teach, your students will benefit from the tools featured on this page. Check it out!
As much as we would like to know what the PARCC Assessments are really going to look like, this year all we have to go on is what our State Department of Education tells us. And in my home state … Continue reading
If you think about why we READ books, magazines, newspapers—really, anything other than a grocery list—it’s because we want to learn something. We want to understand something we didn’t grasp before, or we want to know more about something, know … Continue reading