Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep Writing Task Care Packages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
Tag Archives: Quote Sandwiches
[This post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on October 3, 2016.] When writing nonfiction paragraphs or essays, students must frame their quotes (evidence) with appropriate context and explanation. In English teacher speak, we call this “building quote … Continue reading
In response to popular demand, I have added a new page to the TLC Website: Open-ended Response Writing! No matter what grade or subject you teach, your students will benefit from the tools featured on this page. Check it out!
As much as we would like to know what the PARCC Assessments are really going to look like, this year all we have to go on is what our State Department of Education tells us. And in my home state … Continue reading
Although not known as the artist in my family (one brother is an architect, and my sister designs stained glass and beads, among other things), I have managed to learn one artistic concept that helps me when teaching: “negative space.” … Continue reading
While my friends who teach middle and high school English are familiar with the term “quote sandwiches,” I fear that teachers of other grades or subjects don’t know what we mean when we bandy it about in conversation. The truth … Continue reading