Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Tag Archives: Teach Like a Champion
If you’ve taught the narrative writing process and now want to ensure that your students are also adequately prepared for the timed PARCC Narrative Writing Task, this post is for you. Following is a 2-3 week lesson cycle that covers … Continue reading
Unlocking Student Learning by Improving Oral Fluency: Part 1 of a two-part “Speaking and Listening” Series
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on August 26, 2015 and it is based on an excerpt from The Literacy Cookbook (Jossey-Bass, 2012).] Of all the ways you can improve learning in your school, the Number 1 … Continue reading