Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- Essential Curriculum Resource: SUCCESS ACADEMY ED INSTITUTE
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC End-of-Year (EOY) ELA Practice Tests Are Now Available!
Tag Archives: Vocabulary in Context
If you are looking for more resources to support nonfiction reading, The Smithsonian TweenTribune is a FREE online educational service offered by the Smithsonian for use by K-12 grade teachers and students. TTribune consists of daily news sites for kids, … Continue reading
This has been a particularly challenging year in our field. As teachers and school leaders continue to wrestle with how best to prepare students to meet and exceed the Common Core Standards, I would like to humbly submit some professional … Continue reading
Even though some of us are still in the throes of March PARCC assessments, it’s not too soon to start thinking about how to prepare students for the May assessments, and the good news is that it looks like they … Continue reading
Verbal Workout (www.verbalworkout.com) is a tremendous resource, particularly for high school teachers (and parents) who want to help students strengthen their vocabulary. It includes key vocabulary words (esp. SAT words) from many, many commonly-read texts and provides lists (sortable in … Continue reading
If you live in Northern New Jersey or New York City, you might want to attend the free workshop I will present at the Springfield (NJ) Barnes & Noble, on April 17, from 5:00-7:00pm. The topic is “Connecting Reading, Writing, … Continue reading