Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: Quadrant Analysis as a Way to Boost Comprehension
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- Teaching Students How to Set a Purpose for Reading
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Though the term “March Madness” commonly refers to NCAA Basketball, it might also describe what’s happening in schools around the country, particularly in my home state of New Jersey, as teachers prepare their students for high-stakes standardized tests. Although now … Continue reading
One terrific method for training students in how to conduct intelligent conversations is Socratic Seminars. Students learn how to use effective habits of discussion, explain their ideas, and support them with evidence (Take THAT, Common Core Standards!). Different educators have … Continue reading