Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- Professional Development Ideas to Support Literacy Instruction
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- SOCRATIC SEMINARS MADE EASY*
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Though the term “March Madness” commonly refers to NCAA Basketball, it might also describe what’s happening in schools around the country, particularly in my home state of New Jersey, as teachers prepare their students for high-stakes standardized tests. Although now … Continue reading
One terrific method for training students in how to conduct intelligent conversations is Socratic Seminars. Students learn how to use effective habits of discussion, explain their ideas, and support them with evidence (Take THAT, Common Core Standards!). Different educators have … Continue reading