Find topics HERE.
- Shared Reading Needs to Have a Clear Purpose
- “Designing ELA PARCC Prep Materials That Fit in Your Curriculum”– SIGN UP NOW!
- RECOMMENDED READING: The Writing Revolution by Judith Hochman and Natalie Wexler
- RECOMMENDED READING: Engaging Students in U.S. History and Science
- Online Curriculum Resources: UPDATE
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
Category Archives: Idioms
Some people refer to paraphrasing as “literal comprehension,” meaning, “You can tell what is literally going on or being said.” And to some extent, that’s accurate. But there’s more to it. In any given sentence, FIGURATIVE things are also happening … Continue reading