Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- ARGUMENT VS. EVIDENCE: Step 1 Revisited
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: How to Teach Reading Literature Standard #3
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
Category Archives: Idioms
Some people refer to paraphrasing as “literal comprehension,” meaning, “You can tell what is literally going on or being said.” And to some extent, that’s accurate. But there’s more to it. In any given sentence, FIGURATIVE things are also happening … Continue reading