Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- SOCRATIC SEMINARS MADE EASY*
- PARCC Prep: “Extending the Story” for PARCC Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
Monthly Archives: March 2016
[This post, written with Jamison Fort, originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on March 15, 2016.] In Part I of this mini-series, we looked at how to help students rule out ineffective evidence when they are attempting to … Continue reading
PARCC Narrative Writing Tasks tend to fall into two camps: 1) write the story from another point of view or 2) extend the story. This is what the second type looks like: 8th ELA: Today you will read and answer … Continue reading
Today’s entry is brought to you by my other blog, ONLY GOOD BOOKS. Check THIS out.
[This post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on Feb. 23, 2016.] No matter what grade or subject you teach, sooner or later you find yourself trying to help students write more clearly and convincingly. In one of … Continue reading