Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- ARGUMENT VS. EVIDENCE: Step 1 Revisited
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: How to Teach Reading Literature Standard #3
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
Monthly Archives: November 2014
While some folks might gloss over preparation for the PARCC Narrative Writing Task (thinking perhaps, Students know the elements of short stories and they know how to write a story; this should be relatively easy for them), this task is … Continue reading
When it comes to test preparation, it’s a good idea to teach students to PARAPHRASE the directions. However, in the case of PARCC Literary Analysis and Research writing prompts, it will help even more to teach them to turn the … Continue reading
If you haven’t seen it yet, Newsela.com is a great resource for nonfiction texts (and quizzes). It’s FREE and it presents articles on a range of topics: War and Peace Science Kids Money Law Health Arts Sports You can filter … Continue reading