Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- Essential Literacy Work Before You Begin Test Prep
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- Professional Development Ideas to Support Literacy Instruction
- Essential Vocabulary Resource: ACHIEVE THE CORE’s ACADEMIC WORD FINDER
- ARGUMENT VS. EVIDENCE: Step 1 Revisited
Monthly Archives: November 2014
While some folks might gloss over preparation for the PARCC Narrative Writing Task (thinking perhaps, Students know the elements of short stories and they know how to write a story; this should be relatively easy for them), this task is … Continue reading
When it comes to test preparation, it’s a good idea to teach students to PARAPHRASE the directions. However, in the case of PARCC Literary Analysis and Research writing prompts, it will help even more to teach them to turn the … Continue reading
If you haven’t seen it yet, Newsela.com is a great resource for nonfiction texts (and quizzes). It’s FREE and it presents articles on a range of topics: War and Peace Science Kids Money Law Health Arts Sports You can filter … Continue reading