Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep Writing Task Care Packages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
Tag Archives: Character Analysis
As summer draws near, you might be thinking about assigning summer reading or planning for a more rigorous independent reading program at your school next year, or you might be looking forward to YOUR OWN summer reading. Here are some … Continue reading
(Note: The original version of this post appeared on the TLC Blog in 2013, and an updated version appeared on MiddleWeb on April 1, 2015. This version is slightly different from both.) If you want your students to engage in … Continue reading
[This post is an excerpt from Sarah Tantillo’s forthcoming book, Literacy and the Common Core: Recipes for Action (Jossey-Bass, 2014). It appeared in slightly different form as a MiddleWeb Guest Article on Jan. 19, 2014.] … Continue reading
Here’s CCSS Reading Anchor Standard #3: Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text. The Trajectory Analysis Chart for this standard when Reading Literature looks like this: STANDARD RL K.3 … Continue reading