Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- Professional Development Ideas to Support Literacy Instruction
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- APPROACHES TO THE COMMON CORE: How to Teach Reading Literature Standard #3
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- Approaches to the Common Core: WHY ANNOTATION MATTERS*
Monthly Archives: January 2015
One of our biggest challenges in preparing students to meet and exceed the ELA Common Core Standards is finding appropriate texts as we revise curriculum. Here are two more Websites that offer helpful resources: Achievethecore.org is “full of free content … Continue reading
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on January 7, 2015:] In the PARCC literary analysis task, students must closely analyze two literary texts—often focusing on their themes or points of view—and compare and contrast these … Continue reading