Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- Professional Development Ideas to Support Literacy Instruction
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing DEMO LESSON
- PARCC Update: NEW WRITING RUBRICS
- SOCRATIC SEMINARS MADE EASY*
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
Category Archives: Oral Fluency
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on August 30, 2015, and it is based on an excerpt from The Literacy Cookbook (Jossey-Bass, 2012).] In Part I, we looked at why oral fluency is so important. … Continue reading
Unlocking Student Learning by Improving Oral Fluency: Part 1 of a two-part “Speaking and Listening” Series
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on August 26, 2015 and it is based on an excerpt from The Literacy Cookbook (Jossey-Bass, 2012).] Of all the ways you can improve learning in your school, the Number 1 … Continue reading