Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Literary Analysis and Research Writing Prompts
Category Archives: Teach Like a Champion
If you’ve taught the narrative writing process and now want to ensure that your students are also adequately prepared for the timed PARCC Narrative Writing Task, this post is for you. Following is a 2-3 week lesson cycle that covers … Continue reading
Unlocking Student Learning by Improving Oral Fluency: Part 1 of a two-part “Speaking and Listening” Series
[The following post originally appeared in slightly different form on MiddleWeb on August 26, 2015 and it is based on an excerpt from The Literacy Cookbook (Jossey-Bass, 2012).] Of all the ways you can improve learning in your school, the Number 1 … Continue reading