Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- Essential Curriculum Resource: SUCCESS ACADEMY ED INSTITUTE
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC End-of-Year (EOY) ELA Practice Tests Are Now Available!
Tag Archives: Grammar
In case you haven’t already seen it, the Website FreeRice.com is helpful on many levels. FreeRice.com is a nonprofit that has two stated goals: Provide education to everyone for free. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people … Continue reading
Recently I received an Email message from a reader who wanted to know what to include in an “ideal” first unit. In my new book, Literacy and the Common Core, I offer a sample 5th-grade unit that can be adapted … Continue reading
We’ve established that in order to paraphrase, you need to unpack syntax and grammar. So, how should you teach grammar? For many years, I wrestled with this question. Should it stand alone, or somehow be incorporated into writing instruction? For … Continue reading