Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- Teaching Writers How to Select and Explain Evidence
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- Techniques and Tools for Vocabulary Instruction
- PARCC Prep: “Extending the Story” for PARCC Narrative Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
Monthly Archives: July 2014
I’ve met a bunch of folks recently who are planning to teach Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird this year, and several have been kind enough to share their resources. *** 1) First, there is a whole book devoted to … Continue reading
[This post is adapted from my recently-released book, Literacy and the Common Core: Recipes for Action (Jossey-Bass, 2014), and it appeared in slightly different form as a MiddleWeb Guest Article on July 20, 2014.] In Reading without Limits, Maddie Witter … Continue reading
WOOHOO!!!! It’s HERE! Click HERE to order your copy now!
Many of my clients these days are writing/revising curriculum, and it occurred to me that they could use a Grammar Diagnostic Tool. It would be nice if all of our students arrived performing at grade-level when it comes to grammar, … Continue reading