Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: How to Unpack Reading Assessment Results
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: How and Why to Analyze Reading Questions
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Preparation: Tackling the Research Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC ELA Prep Checklist
Category Archives: Literacy Manipulatives
This has been a particularly challenging year in our field. As teachers and school leaders continue to wrestle with how best to prepare students to meet and exceed the Common Core Standards, I would like to humbly submit some professional … Continue reading
In the previous post, we looked at how to teach students to distinguish between argument and evidence. In Step 2, when given a list of statements, students must identify arguments and their relevant evidence. Though this may sound easy and … Continue reading