Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep: Narrative Writing Task Lesson Cycle
- Essential Curriculum Resource: SUCCESS ACADEMY ED INSTITUTE
- Literary Analysis Task: How to Infer Themes from a Text (CCS #2)
- PARCC End-of-Year (EOY) ELA Practice Tests Are Now Available!
Monthly Archives: June 2013
In response to popular demand, I have added a new page to the TLC Website: Open-ended Response Writing! No matter what grade or subject you teach, your students will benefit from the tools featured on this page. Check it out!
Mike Schmoker (author of Focus: Elevating the Essentials to Radically Improve Student Learning [ASCD 2011]) recently wrote a piece in EdWeek called “The Lost Art of Teaching Soundly Structured Lessons.” My reaction? I couldn’t agree more. Check it out: http://www.edweek.org/tm/articles/2013/06/04/fp_schmoker_lessons.html?cmp=ENL-EU-MOSTPOP … Continue reading
If you haven’t spent much time studying the ELA Common Core Standards, you might consider them daunting (“There are so many!” I’ve heard people say). But in fact there aren’t that many, and they are logically—even elegantly—organized. For instance, if … Continue reading
Avid readers of this blog are aware that I have been feverishly creating Trajectory Analysis Charts on the ELA Common Core Standards so that teachers and school leaders can see the progression of standards from grade to grade and use … Continue reading
If you want your students to engage in summer reading but haven’t finalized the assignment yet, it’s not too late to give them something meaningful and manageable. Whether you’re assigning particular books or giving students a range of choices (or … Continue reading
Recently I posted a trajectory analysis chart for RIT Standard #1, looking at the progression of that standard from K-12. In that blog post, I also explained how to analyze the trajectory of a standard and why it is important … Continue reading