Find topics HERE.
Top Posts & Pages
- PARCC Prep: How to Approach the Narrative Writing Task
- PARCC Writing Rubrics UPDATE, 10-13-16
- User-Friendly PARCC Writing Rubrics!
- PARCC Prep: Research Simulation Task Writing Lesson Cycle
- PARCC Prep Writing Task Care Packages
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Task
- HOW TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PARCC WRITING TASKS
- PARCC Prep: Literary Analysis Writing Lesson Cycle
Tag Archives: Persuasion
In this blog, I have previously identified six key “argument vs. evidence” skills needed for effective writing. Some are discussed in The Literacy Cookbook (Jossey-Bass, Nov. 2012), and all six are fully explained in my forthcoming book, Literacy and the … Continue reading
Every once in a while, a resource emerges that is so helpful it leaves me speechless. If you are looking for prompts for argumentative writing, this resource will help. If you are looking for articles related to such prompts, it … Continue reading
In response to popular demand, I have added two new pages to the TLC Website: Narrative Writing Persuasive Writing If you’re curious about what else I’ve added to the TLC Website lately, please check out the “What’s New!” page. And … Continue reading
One terrific method for training students in how to conduct intelligent conversations is Socratic Seminars. Students learn how to use effective habits of discussion, explain their ideas, and support them with evidence (Take THAT, Common Core Standards!). Different educators have … Continue reading
If you’re looking for sample Common Core-aligned units, here is one for grades 7-8. As Ed Week noted: called “Persuasion Across Time and Space,” the five-lesson unit is the first major classroom resource produced by the Understanding Language team, a group of English-language-learner experts … Continue reading